Everyone has an email address, and let's face it, sending an e-mailer is a whole lot quicker and easier than sending a snail-mail promotion. And, (if that didn't change your marketing mind), did you know that 91% of consumers check their email every day, and about 60% of marketers believe that email marketing produces positive ROI?
Email marketing has easily become one of the most preferred internet marketing tools for businesses everywhere. If you're looking to generate leads, engage with your customers, or promote a brand, service, or product, you may want to invest in an email marketing campaign.
Clients can be impatient, and as a customer, you have certain expectations of companies that you do business with. You expect to be notified quickly for sales, promotions, and new products. That's where email marketing can revolutionize your marketing campaigns. Email marketing is a powerful way to connect and give your customers the information they crave. You can even cater directly to your readers giving them personalized content tailored to their needs. Below is a list of critical email marketing statistics that every great marketer should know.
15 Email Marketing Stats to Make Your Marketing Better.
1) As of 2013, there are 3.6 billion email accounts (Radicati).
2) 54% of emails sent by businesses are marketing messages (Epsilon).
3) 91% of consumers check their email daily (ExactTarget).
4) 74% of consumers prefer to receive commercial communications via email (Merkle).
5) The average clickthrough rate for B2B marketing emails in Q2 2013 was 1.7% (Epsilon).
6) 60% of marketers believe email marketing produces positive ROI (Marketing Sherpa).
7) 17% of marketers don't track or analyze email metrics for their organization (MEC Labs).
8) Email marketing has an ROI of 4,300% (Direct Marketing Association).
9) 76% of email opens occur in the first two days after an email is sent (Alchemy Worx).
10) 48% of emails are opened on mobile devices (Litmus).
11) Only 11% of emails are optimized for mobile (Equinux).
12) 69% of mobile users delete emails that aren't optimized for mobile (Litmus).
13) 25% of emails are opened on iPhones (Email Client Market Share).
14) Suppressing anyone in your list who hasn't engaged with your emails in over a year increases your deliverability rate by 3-5% immediately (HubSpot).
15) 66% of consumers have made a purchase online as a result of an email marketing message (Direct Marketing Association).
Ready to get your marketing on track? Click below for a FREE inbound assessment!