Having video incorporated into your website is a great way to communicate with your customers. Videos are a creative and dynamic way to inform viewers of the products and services your company offers, and sometimes videos can be the decision maker in their buying process. Video marketing can be powerful and persuasive, and can even yield extraordinary results. However, unfortunately, Poor quality videos can be just as persuasive and not in a good way. If executed the wrong way, videos can give customers a bad impression of your company, and deter them from connecting with you. Instead of just adding poor quality videos to your site, take some time to research and develop a plan for your video project. Below are some quick tips to get you started.
Quick tips to business video:
1. Create great content for your script. Writing your script is important, and should be one of the first aspects of your business marketing video that you tackle. If you don't have a solid script, and you try to start your video project you'll find yourself struggling to think of what to say on camera. If you aren't using outside actors, and you aren't great with memorization, you may want to outline your script to prompt yourself as to what to say. Rehearse your script and begin filming when you feel as though you can tell a story from beginning, middle, and to the end.
2. If you are your own actor, be yourself. One of the best things about being your own actor in your business marketing video, is that you can earnestly explain your company and it's products or services. Audiences are sensitive to authenticity and genuine speech, if you believe what you are saying, so will they. People like to cultivate a business relationship with people they feel they can know and trust, and video is a great way to let people connect with you.
3. Use real audio equipment. If you are really serious about creating a business marketing video for your company, then it's important to do it right the first time. Sound quality in video is important, so don't just use the regular built-in microphone on your camera. Pick up some real audio equipment, you'll be able to tell the difference, and in turn make your production sound more professional.
4. Use proper lighting. Lighting is important because visually it can change the look of your business marketing video. Good lighting can make a video look great, where bad lighting can ruin it. Try to avoid windows when shooting video. Your camera may adjust to the outside light instead making the rest of the shot darker. You also need to be weary of lighting and shadowing. Avoid standing directly under your lighting as it may cast unwanted and unflattering shadows in your video. Pointing your light source directly at you or your actors can counter shadowing effects where it matters.
5. Have a purpose. People watch videos to see a story, and just like in the movies, the end matters. The most effective endings can communicate your message in a clear and concise manner, as well as illustrate why viewers need your help, services, or products.
Interested in creating a business marketing video, but don't know where to get started? Click below for a FREE video consultation!