2020 is fast approaching, is your marketing strategy ready? Based on developments in technology and marketing trends, experts are already making predictions on what marketing strategies will be the most successful next year. Whether you are a marketing specialist or small business owner, you won't want to miss out on these marketing tips for 2020.
Optimize for Voice Search
Voice search has been steadily increasing in popularity now that smart devices are so commonplace. According to CommScore, 50 percent of all searches will be voice searches by 2020. This is why digital marketing agencies are currently scrambling to fine-tune their content so it can be found via voice search. Here are a few tips to help you optimize your content for voice search:
- Focus on providing answers to common questions by creating FAQ pages and highly targeted content
- Voice search relies on natural language instead of the short blurbs marketers typically write on twitter. When modifying content for voice search, use long-tail keywords and phrases. Long-tail keywords are longer and more specific phrases than most commonly searched keywords.
- Since studies have shown that voice search is three times more likely to be local, make sure your SEO is optimized for local searches
The past few years have seen incredible technological advancements in marketing. Using data such as user location and browsing activity, marketers are personalizing content like never before. Here are some ways you can implement a level of increased personalization to your ads:
- Use AI and machine learning to condense enormous quantities of data into specialized customer personas
- Start using highly specific tags and categories when publishing new content
- Instead of sending generic emails to one giant mailing list, set up personalized email blasts to go out to segmented lists
Virtual and Augmented Reality
For marketers, the rise of virtual and augmented reality opens up a world of possibilities for how to reach consumers. This new technology can bring your brand to life in ways that were not even conceivable a decade ago. Even though VR and AR are still in their nascent stages, several companies have already begun utilizing this technology to promote products and increase customer engagement.
- Progressive Insurance created a lake dash VR experience for the National Marine Manufacturers Association 2018 Boat Show Series
- Oreo created an interactive 360-degree cookie world for its VR marketing campaign
- Volvo created a VR test drive to promote its XC90 Luxury SUV
Google Ads Smart Bidding
Recent updates to Google Ads have been made that will likely lead to automation and smart bidding becoming the new norm. With these new developments to Google Ads use of machine learning, marketers will now have access to new features to maximize conversions such as:
- Setting bids to change automatically when sales either start or stop
- Choosing conversion action at the campaign level
- Using a chosen set of conversion actions to optimize bids over multiple campaigns
ImageWorks, LLC | CT Digital Marketing
Does your business need help with developing an effective marketing strategy for 2020? Our professional copywriters blend sales-motivating copy with search engine optimized (SEO) keywords and phrases to ensure your website will be found on the web — and then motivate your customers to take action. Our team takes pride in driving all of our client's campaigns to their highest potential allowing them to leave a dominant digital footprint.
Keeping up with trends in digital marketing can be exhausting, especially when you've got a company to run. That's why our team at ImageWorks stays up to date with the latest advancements in the marketing industry. Let us focus on turning your website into a lead generation machine so you can focus on your business!