Search engine optimization is vital to the success of your online business and by strategically utilizing different SEO components, you'll be able to generate more traffic. But how do you attract the people that are later in the buying cycle and are ready to purchase? This is where long tail keywords come in handy. This SEO method can be challenging to understand and use effectively but is useful to amplify your website. This article defines long tail keywords and describes the most effective ways to use them.
What Are Long Tail Keywords?
Keywords are used to optimize your website and rank higher on search engines. This will generate more traffic to your website and as a result, increase sales. Most people understand what keywords are and how to use them but it's important to also implement long tail keywords into your content for better results. So what are long tail keywords? This method has three to four words that make up a keyword phrase for more specific results. Long tail keywords should not be used to replace your SEO efforts but should be added into your content to boost your rankings. These keywords are strategically used to target people who are a the bottom of the marketing funnel who know what they want and are ready to purchase. For example: if someone were to Google a broad word such as “mattress” the chances they find your company and are ready to make a sale, is very slim. However, if someone were to put in a long tail keyword such as "pillow top mattress set" they are more than likely ready to make a sale and are looking for a company who sells this specific product. So the next question is, what is the most effective way to use long tail keywords successfully?
Most Effective Long Tail Keyword Strategies
- First and foremost, make sure when adding any keywords or phrases into your content that you are researching what your target audience is searching. This is vital to ensure you are using popular keywords that are going to optimize your website rather than hinder your efforts.
- Make sure you are adding content such as blog posts and website pages to use your long tail keywords. You may not like the idea of adding pages to your site but this can significantly enhance your SEO efforts. Google actually likes sites that have more pages with useful content. According to Wordtracker, it makes the site look more substantial, more natural, and even more real in the eyes of the world's most popular search engine. Bear in mind that your "unique" pages need only be variants of your main offering(s) but focused on a specific long tail niche.
- Creating blogs is another great way to use long tail keywords. Write blogs that inform the readers and utilize that tool. Make the title or the headline of the blog a long tail keyword.
- You can use long tail keywords in your title tags.
- Make sure you are constantly checking your keywords to ensure you are using the most effective ones for your content.
ImageWorks | Search Engine Optimization
By integrating all of today's Web tools such as SEO, Social Media, Pay Per Click, and Blogs, ImageWorks can provide a level of permission based inbound marketing that will turn your site into a lead generation tool. With continued nurturing programs, you become a trusted source, and prospects convert to customers.
Qualified visitors are attracted to your website and then led through a sales process that engages, qualifies, and turns visitors into actual leads that can be nurtured until they become clients. Our proven system helps you:
Get Found: Help prospects find you online
Convert: Nurture your leads and drive conversions
Analyze: Measure and improve your marketing
Integrate: Access the marketplace for apps and integrations
Check out the ebook below for a step by step guide to the inbound marketing process.